I have come across this article on CIO.com titled “How to Improve Your Linked In profile: Stand Out to Employers, Recruiters”. I have summarized the recommendations from the post. Please visit the link to read it for yourself and make a face-lift of your profile on Linked In.
- Upload a profile picture
- Endure your Headline statement is filled, which is kind of your tag line and not leave it as your current job title, which is set by default
- Fill in “What You Are Working On”. Make sure this is business like and is compelling for your readers
- Ensure you post the URLs for all the websites and direct the users to your on-line websites
- Get the URL to your profile and post it in your website or other sites to direct traffic
- Ensure you complete the Summary section which is the meat of your profile. This is important for the Linked In search engine to pull your profile through Keywords in this section
- Get as many recommendations as you can to cover a 360 degree view
- Use the newly added “Applications” feature to improve your brand. You could potentially add a presentation highlighting your professional achievements, certifications etc in a visual format.