Lotus Live – IBM’s Cloud Offering
Not to be left far behind, IBM has come out with it’s own version of “Cloud” service.
It is called ‘Lotus Live’ and even has a separate website named “LotusLive“. The services being offered falls into three categories:
1. Networking & Collaboration
- LotusLive Engage: Integrated suite of Web collaboration tools designed around online Web meeting service
- LotusLive Connections: Integrated suite of Web collaboration services including file sharing, activity management, instant messaging, and networking capabilities – without the Web meeting service.
2. Web Conferencing
- LotusLive Meeting: Full-featured, online meetings with integrated Web, voice and video conferencing based on Lotus SameTime.
- LotusLive Events: Online Event management service that includes LotusLive Meetings plus registration, promotion, post-event follow up tools and more.
- LotusLive Notes: Lotus Notes e-mail hosted for you by IBM. This service provides online email solutions.
- LotusLive iNotes: Security-rich, Web-based messaging service for exchanging e-mail and files with a Web browser and Internet connection.
Follow the links for each item for more details.
They are a little late, but at least they have something to offer. This will fulfill the wishes of small to medium sized organisations to make use of the IBM solutions in this space from a cloud rather than having to invest on Hardware, Software Licensing etc. However, we have to wait and see how successful this offering would be.